Thursday, August 5, 2010

Forgive me I have sinned...

Been working hard at finding info that no one else had on some of my ancestors and decided I just wanted to zoooooooooooooom back and see who was potentially on my tree...Several members of the Plantagenet family (English royalty). I enter that tree from not one but 3 branches (at the moment.. There could be more...) Kings of England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Jerusalem and as I hoped, a Viking King. But the creme de la creme is the Emperor Charlemagne (1st Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire). WOW! I didn't expect that! I was hoping for maybe a knight (check), a pirate - hanged (check) even a sea captain (check). But Charlemagne??? (And if you don't know who I am talking about shame on you for not staying awake in history class.)

Now, do I believe that its a solid link? No. Was it fun?? Oh heck yes!!! Will everyone find links like that? No but then again you don't know who you will find.

I want to give kudos to the individual in the state of Missouri that decided to publish death certs on the web instead of charging for them or selling them to a company that charges for them. Way to go (even if you never read this).

I have found death certs on 5 people in my tree and one of them never had a death date listed... So I got to scoop everyone (now that felt good!) We search very much sand for a single nugget of information but it is that information that makes things worth while... Ho hum back to genealogy. Somewhere out there though there has got to be another pirate in my tree though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment